So, I know I should write his birth story first but WOW. I gotta say, this kiddo can really make me and daddy crazy with the screaming. I'm really hoping that he moves through this soon but I know that it's going to be months before we get over it. He also gulps tons of air when he's drinking and this causes a bunch of gas inside of him that really doesn't want to get out. Leading to worse colic. Ug...I'm hoping it goes soon. In terms of nursing...I'm trying my hardest but Levi never seems satisfied. I have a person that's pumping and gives me her excess milk, and I found another person that had more than 100 ounces of milk that her premature son couldn't drink because she was drinking milk and he was allergic. So we are doing a great job at keeping him on breastmilk only, but it's going to run out at some time and I'm not seeing all the herbs and supplements I'm taking really helping. I really don't want to have to do formula just because we tried it once and he didn't seem to do very well on it. During the day, Levi pretty much sleeps, and whenever he wakes up he's screaming hungry, and is usually not very happy when he's awake. Also, I think he had his first smile already! On the 13th I was cooing to him and he was cooing back every so often and then all of a sudden there was a smile! Maybe it was gas...I don't know. But I'd like to think that he was smiling a real smile :)
Interesting times with a little one. I'm doing much better in terms of all around care for him because I had practice with Grace, but the colic throws me for a loop and I usually end up handing him off to Brad.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment